Friday, July 30, 2010

BP13_Flash CS4_Post 2

So my second journey into understanding the magic behind Flash went that much deeper! This time I ventured into creating graphics and manipulating different types of animations within Flash. I discovered that Flash uses its own language with animations called "tweens." Basically, this is a term used to describe what happens in the middle, or in between, an image or shape. There are three different types of animations that you can utilize within Flash. They include: 1) Shape 2) Motion and 3) Armature or Bone animations. All of these serve different purposes to suit the needs of the user, but all are very cool and easy to use. For example, by following one of the Lynda.com tutorials, I was able to create my own armature animation by manipulating a Hula girl to wave. Here is a screen shot of my Hula Girl:

Bone animation is used a ton within Flash, so I really wanted to make sure that I knew the proper steps if I ever wanted to create some cool looking motion with images. So these are just a few of the things that I learned on my second go round of Lynda.com tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment