Friday, July 30, 2010

BP14_Flash CS4_Post 3

My final look at Flash through Lynda.com ended up with me completing the sessions and earning my certificate! YEAH! But more importantly, I was able to understand, or begin to understand, how to use ActionScript 3.0. ActionScript 3.0 is Flash's native programming language in order to control the actions of specific animations within a web page. For instance, I learned that when you want to control an object, one must learn the ActionScript language to be able to mold certain actions together to make it stop and go the way you want it to when viewed. It was a matter of learning some code, but the Lynda.com tutorials really made it easy to understand how to open the script page and insert language that would be understood in making actions happen the way I want them to.

In the end, I discovered that Flash is really a powerful tool to create and customize websites to perfection. I also took away from these tutorials that Flash requires time. This holds true with all forms of technology, but what I have found out is that if I take the time to use a specific tool to its potential, my students reap the benefits that much more in their learning. I look forward to exploring more of the ins and outs of Flash CS4 and applying it to things that I display in the classroom.

"Coding" image by ronny-andre used courtesy of Flickr through a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic License.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love that you chose Flash, Gregg. I just commented on Brooke's page too. I also picked Flash because about a year ago I tried to learn ActionScript without knowing how to use Flash first. Not very successful! But now it has come in handy since I just learned the basics.

    Hopefully us 3 can do a project in the future using Flash! Keep me updated if you do any more in Flash. It's a very dense program, and knowing others at the same level as you is very helpful...

    ReplyDelete