Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wk2 BP Entry 4 - EDM613 MAC - AR Site and the Future

Well, well, well. It looks as if I have put the finishing touches on my Action Research web site. As I proofread it for the 1000th time, I still find things that I could have done better, and yet I feel that on the whole, I have accomplished much through this journey of research. I know that what I have tried had a valid purpose behind it, and my objectives attempted to carry this purpose out to its fullest potential. I found a plethora of positives in my research in using the age-appropriate social network of Edmodo to carry out my AR project. And as social networking is the hot topic of the now, I cannot help but think what it will look like in 5, 10, or even 20 years from now. What sort of Web 5.0 tools will we have at our fingertips? Or will we even be using our fingertips to post a comment or share a resource then? I bring this point up because even though I feel I have made a solid contribution in developing a research project revolving around a technological trend today, what will I attempt to use in the future to motivate and promote engagement in my classroom? With all of the ups and downs in the field of education today, the future is something I need to keep one eye on and hope that it holds a refreshed spirit of the latest technology to assist the 21st century learner.

1 comment:

  1. Well, the Future is what you will make of it. Whether with or without permission you have the power to make the tweaks to the system that will make it work for you and not you for it. It is very likely that the whole system will completely crash because it cannot continue to present itself as an answer to a problem that it can't even identify. But it's just as like that classroom teachers will change the system from within and take back the power from the bean-counters and politicians who have neither the experience or nerve to stand where teachers stand and thrive day after day. I prefer the latter possibility, but know that change is going to happen. The question is whether we will ride it out or have it ride over us.

    ReplyDelete