Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wk4 BP Entry 4 - EDM613 MAC - ETC!, Publishing/Leadership, and Thank You's...

For my final free choice blog post of Media Asset Creation (MAC), I have decided to write about the Education Technology Conference (ETC!), put on by the California Technology Assistance Project (CTAP) that I attended in Modesto, CA this past weekend. Every year I attend this conference and I seem to be inspired to try new things in my classroom that have to do with technology integration. In fact, it will always be a special conference to me because this is where I connected with the presenter, Paul Devoto, who was the one that introduced me to the EMDT program at Full Sail University. Paul has not only been a very inspiring educator, but he was also one of my critical friends for my Action Research Project.

Aside from the great sessions I attended on free Web 2.0 resources, CyberSafety education, Prezi, and iPad ideas for the classroom, I was able to get into contact with two people that were able to give me some great advice and connections for publishing my research project. Burt Lo and Brian Bridges were able to give me some great advice on how to get my research published into OnCue, one of the journals I am aiming at for possible publication. Not only were they both very helpful in getting me connected with who to contact, but both, specifically Burt Lo, was very excited in what I found with my research and was going to possibly contact someone at ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) to look at my project for possible publication. I was super excited about this and was extremely grateful to Burt and Brian for offering their time into getting my project published. Not only did I get more information on my Publishing/Leadership project, but I was also led down a path that I was not expecting with the possibility of ISTE picking up my project. Talk about the art of possibility!

At any rate, by attending ETC! this year, I was able to get my Leadership/Publishing Project rolling by connecting with people who could assist me in this part of my Full Sail journey. So I would like to take this time to thank Paul Devoto, Burt Lo, Brian Bridges, and all the people that have been influential in not only my ARP, but through the whole EMDT program. All of my colleagues, mentors, and course directors have been very inspiring through all the courses, projects, team projects, peer-critiques, blog comments, and everything else that came along with the FSO experience. I have enjoyed collaborating with all of our classmates, but specifically Bryan Antos, Pamela Hickman, Brooke McKaig, and Orlando McLin,


whom I worked together with from month 1. We have had quite the journey together and I look forward to keeping in touch with all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Gregg! What great contacts! I really hope your AR is published=) You really did an amazing job and it is evident that you went into this program and your AR full heartedly and with great passion.

    It has been a pleasure working with you and traveling this journey over the last year. I'm sure we will K.I.T. after graduation! Besides, my five year plan has me in CA within the next two years;) hehehe Watch out Huntington Beach!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Gregg! You know I feel likewise man its been a journey for me which got more difficult toward the end but watching you all push to the end made me want to gut it out. You inspired me man! I hope all goes well with your research project. It's been indeed an honor and a privilege to have worked with you during this journey and I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. Job well done...good luck and God speed! Go make this world a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job and excellent way to end this section of the blog. Go forth and conquer.

    ReplyDelete